In an effort to improve my blog I have decided to try something new. Each month I will have a theme for the month. The quotes and questions that I post will be related to the theme as well as many of my posts and videos. To check out my daily prompts and quotes you can follow me on Instagram or look for the weekly summary here.
To start us off this December my topic will be Money! There are a lot of holidays in December and many people tend to overspend this month. Even if you aren’t overspending you are probably thinking a lot about money since there is typically so much going on in December. It also becomes harder to stick to the budget, at least for me. So this topic of money is for myself as well we for all of you.
As a full disclaimer, I am no financial expert. I’m just a mom doing the best I can with our household money. Over the years I have made my share of financial mistakes, but I work hard to learn from those mistakes and do better every day. Some days are definitely better than others. My goal here is just to get you thinking about YOUR money and how you want to use it. We all have different priorities and financial situations so there is no “right” answer to any of these questions. If you aren’t happy about your situation or your answer to some of these questions, make a plan to improve it.
Quotes & Prompts from December 1st to 7th:
- December 1st
“A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.” – Jonathan Swift
– Do you have money in your head or in your heart?
– Would you rather be poor but everyone thinks you’re rich or be rich and everyone thins you’re poor?
- December 2nd
“Money often costs too much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
– What are you sacrificing in the name of money?
– Would you rather find true love or find $100,000,000?
- December 3rd
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
– Where are you investing your money?
- December 4th
“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery.” – Charles Dickens
– Are you spending more or less than you’re earning?
– Would you rather invest in the stock market or start your own company?
- December 5th
“What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” – Julia Cameron
– Do you enjoy your job?
– Would you rather have a job your love with low pay or a job you hate with high pay?
- December 6th
“Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
– Do you take care of your money? What about your time?
– Would you rather have an extra hour each day or an $100 each day?
- December 7th
“Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
– Who is driving, you or your money?
– Would you rather save money by buying ALL your clothes at a thrift store or by driving a hooptie?
For my reflections and answers to these questions, check out my Instagram feed.