I enjoy a good cocktail, but during the week it can be hard to find the time to make a good cocktail. So I decided to start a series called Mixer Monday. In my Mixer Monday posts I will talk about what mixers I have tried and what I thought of them. Personally, I usually do mixers during the week if I’m drinking and cocktails on the weekend. Mixers are so easy and can be super delicious. If you like to drink adult beverages on occasion you should give some of these mixers a try. Or maybe even try some of your own combinations.
This week I made a batch of pumpkin spice iced tea and tried a few different mixers with it. I will have a post tomorrow on how I make my pumpkin spice iced tea. Here are the mixers I tried starting with my favorite and working down to my least favorite.
- Coconut Rum Cream – I love coconut rum cream (and coconut rum) as an iced tea mixer so I figured it was worth a try as a pumpkin spice iced tea mixer as well. It did not disappoint. If you enjoy coconut rum (like Malibu) you may want to give this one a try. 5/5 delicious!
- Peanut Butter Whiskey – I used Skrewball, but there are other peanut butter whiskeys out there you could try as well. I enjoyed this one. The peanut butter flavor came through and worked well with the pumpkin spice flavors. 4/5
- Pumpkin Whiskey – I used Pumking. I haven’t seen any other pumpkin whiskeys but there could be some out there. This one was definitely strong on the pumpkin spice flavoring, but I still enjoyed it. I would have this one again. 3/5
- Vanilla Vodka – I used Smirnoff, but once again there are plenty of other choices. I didn’t feel like this one really changed the flavor of the tea, but I definitely could feel the effects of the alcohol. It makes me wonder how pumpkin vodka would work with this. I guess that’s something I can try for next week’s Mixer Monday. 2/5
- Pumpkin Spiced Rum – I used Seacrets which is a Maryland brand that I’m not sure is available in a very large area. While I absolutely love this rum, I did not like it in pumpkin spice iced tea. I actually wound up dumping this one out instead of finishing it. 1/5
Have you tried any mixers with pumpkin spice iced tea? Do you have any suggestions for other mixers to try? I do have a few more that I plan to try and post about next week, but I’m open to other ideas.